Old February 9th 06, 06:27 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq

Default Compaq Deskpro EN 6266 CPU Upgrade

Nick Le Lievre wrote:
Nick Le Lievre wrote:
So this
600 at 2.0v may only last a couple of years under high usage which I
don't do anyway...

I ran SiSandra on the machine with original BIOS and it said max CPU
500mhz + now I`ve updated to the latest Rompaq released 22/08/1999
and now SiSandra says max CPU 950mhz + so that kinda confirms that a
Slot 1 100mhz Coppermine will run on this board. We already knew that
1.0ghz P3 Slot 1 worked but the question is what voltage will it
supply. I`ll check SiSandra for that info when I have my P3 600
installed.

I think it must run at 2.0v becuase on 22/08/1999 there were no Coppermine
CPU available and Compaq probably envisaged Intel would stick with P3 Katmai
Slot 1 CPU @ 2.0v up to 950mhz + what it does prove is that my board now
officially supports fsb/multipliers to run 950mhz + CPU whereas the old BIOS
supported 500mhz + whether it would of supported 600mhz I don't know but it
certainly will now. The voltage issue is probably why Compaq official max is
P3 600mhz Katmai although they will run Coppermine at 2.0v.

--
And to all those opposed...
Hmm...well