Old February 7th 06, 06:19 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq

Default Compaq Deskpro EN 6266 CPU Upgrade

Nick Le Lievre wrote:
Ben Myers wrote:
Thermal sensor detection is built into the BIOS and cannot be
disabled.

So this trick mentioned doesn't work ? btw the CPU I`ve ordered is a
Coppermine 600mhz so I shouldn't have to worry about the voltage
unless the Compaq can't give it any less then 2.0v which shouldn't
kill it anyway but may cause excess heat.

People have run Coppermines at 2.0v before and had some success/failure

http://tinyurl.com/ag9pb

I myself have overclocked CPU before and given them high voltage and its
never caused a problem + we know other people have run Coppermine on PII
Deskpro EN before.

Thing is a friend of mine works in a bank and they're chucking P3 733 and P3
900 PCs w/o hard drive so I might be able to get on of those anyway - and
just sell the 600 back on ebay for £ 5 delivered (cost £ 6.40 but hey).

But I`ll try the 600 when I get it anyway.

--
And to all those opposed...
Hmm...well