Old May 31st 05, 11:59 PM
Tom Scales

"Andrew Clark" wrote in message
news:1117544608.30486530fc24975a693378ee48fe96f0@t eranews...
"Tom Scales" wrote in
:

It would help if you would tell us a little more information, such as
the model of computer, the specs, etc.

If you're trying to use the QR disk, it likely requires the D:
partition which I'd bet you chose to blow away.

If so, you have to call Compaq and order the full restore disks.

Not sure why you won't call Compaq. Is it stolen?

Tom

No, it's not stolen. My girlfriend's aunt gave it to me because she had
no use for it. The first thing I do when I get a new computer is to
reformat and reinstall Windows.

The problem here was Windows 95's incompatability with the AMD K6. I
looked for and found a solution on Compaq's site about it.

http://h18000.www1.hp.com/support/te...ories/DB010327
_CW01_2.html

Andrew

Great, glad you found the answer. Windows 95 has a similar problem on a
Pentium-4.

I am curious, though, why you wouldn't call Compaq?

Sorry about the stolen comment.

Tom