Old February 1st 05, 02:08 AM
Todd H.

writes:
I have stolen nothing, and have already stated that the copy of the
(unregistered)window 98(SE) software we are talking about belongs to
me.

That's the point--no, no it doesn't "belong to you." You are a
licensee. You bought the computer from dell, and with it came
installed Microsoft software for which you were granted and accepted a
restricted license to that software. One of the restrictions of OEM
distributions of Windows is that it can't be legally used on other
computers. Have you never read a license agreement? Or even
what's on that CD label--it may even be on there.

So, he's absolutely right, that you cannot legally put your Dell OEM
copy of win98 on a non-Dell computer. Even if it's technically
possible, it's still a breach of copyright.

Best Regards,
--
Todd H.
http://www.toddh.net/