Old June 5th 04, 02:14 AM
doS

Don't see how the keyboard is sending out email.....

"Dennis Kessler" wrote in message
Pat Blank wrote:

Dennis Kessler wrote in

Could be that the easy access keys are malfunctioning. If you disable
these and it stops then bingo.

I tried that. I think an email was created and is queued somewhere.
The email never does get sent (something is fortunatly not configured
right). I see on my router's log file that an smtp mail failed, each
time. I just don't know where to look to stop the queued mail. Also,
it might be related to the ongoing intermittent disk access.

-Dennis

Have you also run a spyware check? What OS are you using? Have you
looked at what processes or startup tasks are running? Perhaps uninstall
and reinstall the latest EA keyboard driver. I'm not familiar with the
functions of the keyboard, but I assume one of the buttons does a
receive/send email? Maybe it tries regardless of whether there actually
is queued mail. Maybe it is set for a different server and since it
doesn't exist it fails. Check Options to see what it was supposed to do
before it was apparantly disabled.

All I can think of so far.

I ran Spybot. No help there, except I do see a something that looks like
a message process running. (I'm not at that computer right now.)

You're problably right about re-installing the EA keyboard software.
Because the ablility to change to preferences of the bottons doesn't
give me the necessary choices.

Maybe there is a .ini file for the EA keyboard.

--
Dennis Kessler
http://denniskessler.com/acupuncture