Old May 5th 04, 07:51 PM
David

When you boot with the diskette does it load all the way to the
run/install/exit screen? If not, I would try downloading the file again even
though the one you have is the correct size. If the run option works but not
the install option I would suspect an HD issue of some kind. Using the run
option from the diskette is the same thing as using f10 when the setup
partition is installed on the HD. You could also try clearing the CMOS using
this method..

Compaq FAQ: How do I clear CMOS on my Armada 1700, 1750, and/or my ProSignia
16x, 100, 12x, or 14x? (FAQ5259)
Remove all battery packs from the battery bay and MultiBay, if applicable.
Disconnect the AC power.
Remove the real-time clock battery.
Wait five minutes.
Reconnect the AC power.
Restart the computer. During Power-On Self Test (POST), a "162 System
Options not set" message appears.
Shut down the computer, then disconnect AC power again.
Replace the real-time clock battery.
Install the battery pack(s).

"Joachim Gnauk" wrote in message
David wrote:
Sounds like maybe a bad download? sp8975.exe should have a file size of
1441312 bytes. I've used it with no problems.

Thank you for your help. No, that's exactly the file size I've got. I hope
it's not the BIOS itself keeping me from the BIOS access. :-( BTW: the

BIOS
Update (and also the restore) works fine, also the diagnosis floppy disk.

Joachim