Old October 19th 03, 04:00 PM
jch

"Earl F. Parrish" wrote in message

"JCH" wrote in message
.. .
I have a Compaq 1800XL1 with two partitions; Local Disk (C and

System Save
(D. The D: partition takes up about 2.3G of HD space. Can I

safely delete
the D: partition and thus free up more HD space?

Deleting the partition alone will not free up any disk space. It
would simply become unallocated space which would not be available
for use as is. If you want to keep the partition, you can reformat
it and it would still be D:. If you want to incorporate it into the
C: partition, you would need software such as Partition Magic or
something similar to do so.

--
Earl F. Parrish

I have Partition Magic. My question was would it be advisable to take over
the space of the current D: partition to use for something else. Thank you.