Old September 4th 03, 07:24 PM
DEJ57

CS or master, CS is recommended, some HDs had a jumper for master or master
with slave present. It did matter.

Again, I don't understand your point. It makes no difference to the BIOS and
the CPU if the HDD is jumpered CS or Master/Single (It's likely this is only a
two connector data cable. If it were a three connector, and he was connecting
onto the slave position with a HDD jumpered as Master, I doubt it would be
recognized properly--he would know it and connect to the correct master postion
where being jumpered either CS or Master would work). It would make no
difference to attempting to load a program via the FDD. There is no
performance advantage I am aware of.

CS was only an advantage if you knew you had CS three connector cables, wanted
to install a slave HDD, and knew to jumper them both as CS.

So why would you say CS is recommended?

Dale