Old September 3rd 03, 02:29 PM
Mike Calkins

The last time I saw this, the original system board had been replaced with a
non-Compaq board.

Mike
"chas samuels" wrote in message
Thank you for your responses, Mike. I had the SP2141 already and

downloaded
the SP2373. Made diskettes for each. Tried three different harddrives:

two
Western Digitals and a Maxtor. One had the OS on it, another just

formatted
with system files and the third nothing on it. In all cases, the machine
recognized the harddrives and all were set up to be master/single.

In every case with the setup diskette (SP2141), the diskette would boot up

and
eventually hit a point where it would produced a little window indicating

it
was "retrieving data...please wait." In every case, the next thing I got

was
another window containing "Setup not applicable for this type machine."

So, that is where I'm at now. Have any other ideas?

Charley