Old November 30th 04, 03:47 AM

On 29 Nov 2004 19:08:21 -0800, (Joe) wrote:

Now then, with the availability of dual-layer DVD burners and
dual-layer media, it should therefore be possible to make a straight
copy of the files on a movie DVD and burn them onto a blank dual-layer
DVD disk and end up with a copy of the movie without the need to seek
out and use decryption/re-compression software.

Is there something I'm missing here, like perhaps some other form of
copy protection or hidden files on the movie DVD that can't be simply
copied to the burn-able disk?

You mean make a perfect copy so that it should be playable like any
other store bought DVD. Never tried it but decrypting it isnt exactly
a big deal. Using the free dvd decryptor it takes only about 10-14 min
to rip the fikes to your hard disk which you can burn to a dual layer
or single layer. The problem is the media - Ive seen ridiculous prices
and its not even sold in the region where Im at which would add
another 20-30 bucks for shipping on top of the high costs.

Id like to see a site comparing a slightly compressed version to the
original , I really havent seen any differences. In fact SVCDs look
pretty good and thats compressed incredibly smaller than the slight
compression used on a single layer compression.