Old November 22nd 03, 02:13 PM
Kevin Falconer

Default presario 4764 power supply start up ?

I was just given a presario 4764 that had been working but then just quit..
no fan, no boot up, nothing. I installed a new power supply and still nothing.
I'm told the power supply will not come on without a signal from the MB. Anyone
know if perhaps a dead battery supply on the MB would prevent the main power
supply from coming on ? I have a hard time believing I got a bad power supply.
I dont want to dump the computer if perhaps a new battery on the MB will fire
up the power supply, thanks in advance for any comments.

Kevin Falconer Fort Myers, FL