Old July 10th 04, 09:17 PM
Peter Bako

Yeah, I've though of that... I'd still rather come up with a way to fool
the system into thinking it has a keyboard plugged in.

Does anyone know where I can get (or have) the circuit used by KVM systems
into sending a false keyboard signal to a USB machine?

Thanks,
Peter

"HH" wrote in message
You may have to use a keyboard on that model. I know of no way to keep the
iPAQ from searching for one.You might try to find a mini-keyboard

(notebook
style) with a USB interface and use it.
HH

"Peter Bako" wrote in message
I have a version 1, legacy-free IPAQ Desktop system (PIII/500).

Currently
am using it with FreeBSD 4.10 using a USB keyboard and mouse. However I
would like to run this system headless (no keyboard, mouse or monitor).

On
generic systems this simply requires turning off in the BIOS stopping

for
errors, such as the lack of a keyboard. There is no similar setting on

this
system, so the minute I pull the keyboard off and reboot I get an error.

So, is there a way to force the BIOS to ignore the keyboard error (or

better
yet not look for it), or failing that is there any way to fool the

system
think there is a keyboard attached? Some kind of a USB loopback that

looks
like a keyboard to the BIOS (similar to what a KVM does)?

Thanks,
Peter )