Old March 24th 07, 01:44 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Bhagat Gurtu

Default My computer is spontaneously rebooting!

On Fri, 23 Mar 2007 09:00:38 -0700, venkat wrote:

Still I will give some suggestions regarding virus related. Once check
with Prevx1 anti
malware software. It is a powerful anti-malware software.You can
download it from the following site.

http://www.prevx.com/security.asp

PrevX is a nice idea but poorly implemented. It is itself basically a root
kit which thoroughly hooks itself into the kernel. It connects to the
internet each time a process is executed to enable the prevx database to
be updated and checked.

This would be all well and good, except that PrevX makes your machine
unstable and VERY SLOW. It is very hard to uninstall it properly and it
is common for it to encounter problems during uninstall, which leaves
parts of it still installed.

Steaming dog turd material of the first order.