Old August 19th 13, 07:17 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Laurence[_3_]

Default Cheaper Windows 7 yet?

"Flasherly" wrote in message

On Fri, 16 Aug 2013 14:55:53 +0100, "Laurence"
wrote:

"Flasherly" wrote in message
.. .

On Fri, 16 Aug 2013 10:48:47 +0100, "Laurence"
wrote:

All M$ do it chuck loads of files to gum up my hdd to fix problems that
should not have been there in the first place.

Given a wide enough platform of program resources, within what's being
attempted, none of that is of course necessary when provided
acceptable alternatives.

What hurts, though, and eventually will kill XP, is hardware and links
to the OS. When something desired is newly manufactured, say a
peripheral USB device for processing audio streaming, and that
manufacturer's inhouse program staff doesn't write a supportive
layering to include the XP interface, the options narrow into at least
running such as dual-boot, with something more advanced than XP in
order to effect the purchase.

It's no more than the mean status quo, which in marketing terms will
come to be factored for what a given market will bear, over the
incentive to produce products, well within a post-XP market, at a
breakover point of foreseeable profit margins XP may, more or less,
exert to distract in equating worth for valid viability when the
decision is made in effect for having chosen not to write in the XP
support drivers.

But was it DOS 5.1 or 6.22 that was as good as ever we needed.
Because it had to compete with DRDos? - no competition now = fat & lazy
spend the money on marketing and legal department

I'm still running 4DOS (4NT) within a parsed-out XP CMD extension for
Norton Commander to come up on. Vaguely works for an occasional jolt
into blasts from the past, aliases and environmental variables
withstanding. The fat&lazy GUI was unquestionably more intuitive than
the command line, that, and a valid need to fulfill technology-driven
advancements to reap roughly a present 4Ghz core. Stalled. Yea --
besides, there's the know-how behind it all, not a small feat, nor
ought that be surprising as a major impediment to the 'I want it Now'
generation;- hohum, along with playing games for the copyright
freaks practising monopolistic hegemony;- so, what we have here is a
big, bad drag, apparently -- just time to freshen up the scene with
computer literacy devolving into an offset of corporate dominance from
marketing handheld devices of conjoined dependencies on distributed
resources and subscription leased contracts. Capitalism, mind, is a
juggernaut with idealistic materialism that greases its tracks;-
Whereas serving a benevolent purpose is of an antithetical nature to
driving continued and sustained profits for the purpose of profit. Any
philanthropic misgivings you may have regarding DRDos, dear fellow, is
simply antidotal to planned obsolescence.

Nice one! - I'll take that as a "yes" then?