Old August 17th 13, 11:44 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Desmond[_3_]

Default Cheaper Windows 7 yet?

On Tuesday, 13 August 2013 09:27:33 UTC+1, Laurence wrote:
Now that Win8 seems to be established, can we expect to see some cheaper W7s

available for home builders?

Know of any?

Still running XP on all desktops, but recent laptop acquisition came with

7 - I like it, but prohibitively expensive to buy for my desktops.

Anyone?

Sorry Microsoft is not a charity. Windows 7 (Which I love 2 bits) will cost the same. There are companies that would sell older software discounted. The last point here is a bit deeper. intel and others would make more powerful processors and motherboards. Microsoft would make bigger and more powerful software. The old CPU instruction codes become obsolete. Could you instal MS DOS 4 on a Pentium processor. I might try that one day. We are forcibly lead these days and if we want to buy the latest computer game then we might have lots of problems. I am happy with my dual core 4200 amd and windows 7, but I tried playing my cult game Monkey Island (Lucas Arts) it doesn't work.