Old January 8th 06, 01:31 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.gigabyte

Default Got a Ga-7DXR+ M/Board = can i use a 8x graphics card on this 4x motherbaord? ___ThANKs

"[[ P.B.S. ]]" wrote in message
Got a Ga-7DXR+ M/Board = Can i use a 8x graphics card on this 4x
motherbaord?

The AGP card will be a geForce 6200 256mb 8x.

THANKS
GaZ

I think so as it's backwards compatible. However, I ain't sure about what
sort of speed increase you would get over your last card. Taht and whether
the CPU is good enough as well to play more of the latest games in more
detail/resolution as well.

I have the same motherboard at the moment with the xp2400+ 266fsb chip and
even I find with the 9800pro that some games are beginning to jerk about
etc.

But I don't see a problem, the card will just run at a slower speed on the
4x bus that's all.

--
Skipai