Old April 17th 08, 12:53 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.packardbell
Elector

Default yellow blinking battery light

"metronid" wrote in message
snip
Just for a moment let me forget that it is a laptop.
I will go back to my basic electronics.
The light is a charging light.
It indicates charging.
Charging for the battery.
When powering with the external supply
Two things occur.
You power the laptop and still place a charge on the battery.
If battery is bad the light will or if battery is charging.
The light has a resistor across it and will show shine when a voltage
is seen across it.
This will occur when charging as a voltage drop will occur across the
resistor.
hence the light will blink.
There are also otther ways for the light to shine.
In any case the battery is probably kaput

Have you tried to see how long it will run on battery alone.
I doubt the charging indicator is bad
Can happen

I doubt it

Damn, I forgot the obvious. A bad battery....!
Its been a long week........

Elector