Old December 31st 07, 12:17 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.matrox
Patrick Vervoorn

Default Fastest graphic card for Windows workstation use (2D, not gaming)

In article rbSdj.4089$ZI4.1654@trnddc08,
Outback Jon wrote:
Patrick Vervoorn wrote:
Weird numbers. Is this is in any way meaningful?

Regards, Patrick.

I would think that numbers that are so ridiculously high above what
*any* monitor is capable of actually displaying on the screen really
wouldn't mean much.

Realistically, if your monitor can only show 120 fps (120 Hz) then
having the capability to show 10x that on average, and 7x that at a
minimum probably doesn't really do anything for you.

I don't think the benchmark was intended as that. It's also ridiculously
short; it finishes while I barely see the screen flashing.

My question was more a comment: I think that benchmark is ridiculously
outdated, and gives no meaningful indication whatsoever. I tried running
it a 2nd time, and I got totally different outcomes, indicating it's much
too short to really 'measure' anything.

[snip]

Regards, Patrick.