Old November 11th 06, 08:38 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware
Rod Speed

Default Corrupt NTFS filesystem

Citizen Bob wrote
(Citizen Bob) wrote

I have gone several days without any corruption. I have cycled all three
cloned disks. This is why I do not believe it's the removable drive bays.

Now it's Nov. 11, and still no corruption NTFS partition.

Have you tried repeatedly using PD the way you used to
be able to produce corruption when JUST running that ?

The only significant change I can think of was
making the pagefile smaller - 512MB/1.5GB.

Very unlikely to have been due to that and even you should
be able to work out how to prove that now, by putting it back
to what it used to be when you were getting corruption.

I have cycled all three removable hard disks, so it
is not the removeable bays causing the problem.

You dont know that either. ALL you know is that is gone away for a week.

Not unusual with a hardware problem.

At least I avoided that merry chase.

You dont know that either.

Why does a larger pagefile cause a corrupt NTFS volume?

You dont know that it does and its completely trivial to prove whether its that.

I still believe its tied in with those two devices per hard disk partition.

Based on absolutely nothing, as always.

ALL you actually know is that those shouldnt be there.

I am a bit surprised that no one has been able to figure out
what is causing two devices to show up for each partition.

Hardly surprising if it was what that ****ed mirror hardware produced
when hardly anyone ever used that ****ed hardware approach.

It sounds like something to do with mirroring. There is a special kind
of mounting scheme used for mirroring but I forgot its name. Maybe
that's what's going on - the partition is being used in this special way.

And your nose was rubbed in how to prove if its that or not.

But you're such a terminal bone head that you wont do the obvious tests.