Old November 2nd 06, 07:34 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware
Rod Speed

Default Corrupt NTFS filesystem

Citizen Bob wrote:

After getting corrupt NTFS volumes a couple times a day, including a
BSOD, I have gone a couple days with nothing going wrong. That's
because I used Perfect Disk to defrag both online and offline. I have
noticed this before. I expect in about 3-5 days I will begin seeing
the lone corruption followed in intensity by more and finally a BSOD
or two before I defrag again and it all stops for about a week.

What does that tell you about the cause of this?

Nothing much. Your description is as vague as always, but it looks like its
mostly varying with disk activity which isnt that surprising and not new info.

Doesnt provide any useful information about the two obvious
possibilitys, hardware problem or ****ed OS install.

The real test for those two possibilitys has been spelt out endlessly now.