Old January 7th 13, 11:25 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Ed Light

Default Rare hard lock ups with videos with acceleration with an oldATI Radeon 4870 HD video card in a Windows XP Pro. SP3 machine?

On 1/4/2013 11:15 PM, Ant wrote:
I forgot to follow up! OK, downgrading back to v8.10 showed no more lock
ups AND no time/clock slow downs with DVI when playing videos. Over
Christmas 2012 break, I narrowed the driver down to v9.4 that was the
last driver that did not have problems. :/ I could not figure out what
caused these problems in v9.5 release notes.

Have you tried 12.4?
Are you uninstalling the old drivers in the Win XP program uninstall
list, rebooting, then installing the new one?
--
Ed Light

Better World News TV Channel:
http://realnews.com

Iraq Veterans Against the War and Related:
http://ivaw.org
http://couragetoresist.org
http://antiwar.com

Send spam to the FTC at