Old September 10th 08, 09:07 PM posted to comp.hardware,alt.comp.hardware,alt.computer.hardware
kony

Default Any ideas why my new RAM won't work?

On Wed, 10 Sep 2008 19:37:30 GMT,
(David) wrote:

The OP should open a Return Merchandise Ticket with Kingston Memory
support to exchange the PC133 for PC100.

Well that's something else I've learned - I thought that PC100 was
"old hat" and to be avoided - not so judging by recent comments.

Thanks again to all for the advice.

David

There was a time when this was true, back when PC133 first
came out it was the same memory, just chips spec'd capable
of running faster. Today the process is so good that any
random PC100 memory that was manufactured within the last 5
years or more will do 133MHz too, though it might require
adjusting the memory timings more conservatively to do so.

If you were overclocking your motherboard (if it had the
features to allow for it too which I don't think yours does)
then it would be more important to seek the rarer
low-density PC133 instead of typical PC100.