Old September 10th 08, 08:35 PM posted to comp.hardware,alt.comp.hardware,alt.computer.hardware
David[_15_]

Default Any ideas why my new RAM won't work?

As for the motherboard, my little (not-as-reliable-now-as-I-thought)
program says it is:-

Intel SE440BX-2
Version AA720940-208
Serial GTS285050866

How did you get that info printed out? I recently bought a Dell
Inspiron 530, and I haven't been able to find out the make and model
number of my motherboard...I would REALLY like to have that info, and
the manual that goes with it.

Well the program is "SIW" (easily googled - free download). As I said,
at first I thought it was the Holy Grail, but now I take it with a
pinch of salt...... not just me, but my brother ran it as well - it
told him *his* PC's max. ram was 256, yet he has 384 already in it! So
use at your peril....!

David