Old January 26th 20, 11:26 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware
John McGaw

Default My HP Deskjet 855C died tonight.

On 1/26/2020 11:26 AM, Yrrah wrote:
"John C." :

Searching on the internet has resulted in my impression that
the best color laser printer available for home use is the Brother
HL-3270CDW, which is a single-function printer. That it's not a MFP
isn't important to me because I have a good flatbed scanner already.

Does anybody have any comments about this choice, pro or con?

Does it support Linux distros?

Yrrah

I'd think so. I have the virtually-identical previous version (one digit
different) and it supports my Mint-Linux notebook just fine over a network
connection although it took me a couple of tries, not being a Linux guru,
to get it working as well as I'd like. Amazing given that I used to be a
Unix sysadmin but the days of printcap and termcap are long gone.