Old March 25th 17, 03:45 PM posted to alt.windows7.general,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Ken Blake[_3_]

Default floppy drive turmoil

On Sat, 25 Mar 2017 12:00:14 -0300, pjp
wrote:

My old floppies are all stored in a box under the basement stairs. Few
thousand at least. None of it is worth even attempting to read anymore,
all over 20 years old. Most disks won't even format properly and the few
that do can't be trusted anyway.

My last computer had a floppy drive that I insisted the builder
install in it. I had it for about five years and never used it, not
even once. So my current computer doesn't have a floppy drive, and I
threw out all my old floppies.

I'm unsure if buying new floppies would
improve that but why bother when dvd's can be had for $0.30 a disk
bought in bulk.

Even less--about $.20 each.

Anything of value got copied and burned onto cd/dvd's
years ago now.

Same here.