Old March 30th 07, 04:10 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking
Phil Weldon

Default E4300 and 650i overclocking

'Ed Medlin' wrote, in part:
| Seems you are set. Yea, I think a good, brand name 500w should do you
| well. I just read this morning that Intel is releasing a 45nm 8 core chip
in
| (at least they say) early 2008. Each of the 8 cores will be hyperthreaded.
| just read the damn article and forget the code name of the thing.
_____

'Nehalem'
http://www.tgdaily.com/content/view/31408/135/

I really wanted to consider an ASUS motherboard, but found it impossible to
get a manual successfully downloaded from the ASUS website!

By the way, I'm going to try out diamond dust in an oil soluble base for a
thermal compound; it's cheaper than 'Arctic Silver'!
Five grams of 0-2 micron diamond particles for $7.34 US. Actually larger
particles would likely be better; that's a bit more expensive; ~ $20 US for
five grams.
McMaster-Carr at http://www.mcmaster.com

Everything but the memory will be delivered today except possibly for the
memory. ZipZoomFly was backordered for PC8500 and newEgg is slower.
I'll probably go to CompUSA today to look for a power supply. There should
be some attractive bargains; CompUSA is closing all of its stores in the
Atlanta area.

Phil Weldon

"Ed Medlin" wrote in message
.. .

| "Phil Weldon" wrote in message
| ink.net...
| 'Thomas' wrote, in part:
| I'm also looking for a new rig, similar to your lay-out.
|
| First thing is, I'm wondering why you went 'all-out' with the memory? I
| was thinking about getting some 800 MHz CL4 memory (cheaper), since
| overclocking the CPU by 100% would still leave me with an FSB of 400
MHz,