Old March 16th 21, 12:11 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Bill[_41_]

Default Monitor question

Bill wrote:

Larc, When you used the DisplayPort, did you have to switch to using the
audio via the monitor (aux?) or were you able to still get audio (5.1 in
my case)Â* directly using the various audio connectors on the card (as
you did when you were using DVI)?Â*Â* To my thinking, it sounds like a lot
to ask to get 5.1 through an "aux" connection.Â*Â* Thanks!

Bill

Here is an attempt to clarify my question: Can I use DisplayPort and
the output audio jacks on my GPU at the same time?

BTW, I was found the Dell 4k Model S2721QS to be more inline with my
needs and budget. It's supposed to be around $340, but it's not
currently in stock anywhere. In case, anyone else is looking, at think
it's the "sweetspot" between price and features (if you don't require
USB jacks on your monitor).