Old July 13th 19, 04:09 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
[email protected]

Default Tachi X570 has only 1 gigabit ethernetport kinda disappointing(not future-proof, no 10 GBe)

On Tuesday, July 9, 2019 at 3:51:30 PM UTC+2, Char Jackson wrote:
On Tue, 9 Jul 2019 04:58:35 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

This year I will probably buy a new computer, I will probably wait for the 16 core ryzen, I've wait 13 years to buy a new computer and somebody I know thinks I should wait 2 more months to get the 16 core part lol.

There's always something newer and better just around the corner. Sooner
or later, if you're going to buy, you just have to jump.

For now I will investigate motherboards somewhat better to see which motherboard can actually power such a 16 core beast.

I am kinda a fan of ASRock though I never used their motherboards for a long period, but what I like about their boards is "overheat" protection which some claim every motherboard has but I am not so sure about that.

Anyway their Tachi X570 motherboard and especially the RGB looks very good/amazing !

But there is one thing that truely disappoints me a lot and that's two things actually:

1. First of all it only has 1 ethernet port ?! WTF where they thinking ?! How the **** do I connect my old computer and new computer AND INTERNET ?! without having to use some ****ing complex router crap ?! Big problem there.

Use an Ethernet switch to connect the two computers together. Unmanaged
8-port gigabit switches start at less than $15.

What part of 1 gigabit doesn't cut it don't you understand LOL.

Need 10 GBe for that or whatever... and those prices ****ing high.

Are you seeing what I don't like routers yet ?!

For 2 PC's seems a bit overkill... pricey and so forth.

Now if it could do internet maybe...

What if I bring my PC or laptop to somebody else... again see the problem here ? Do i need to bring my router along too... does laptop with 10 Gbe... would also be nice

Bye,
Skybuck-Not-A-Fan-Of-Routers-If-Easier-Solution-Exists-Or-Should-Exist.