Old July 10th 19, 05:23 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Char Jackson

Default Tachi X570 has only 1 gigabit ethernetport kinda disappointing (not future-proof, no 10 GBe)

On Tue, 09 Jul 2019 23:31:29 -0400, Paul wrote:

Char Jackson wrote:
On Tue, 09 Jul 2019 14:58:58 -0400, Paul wrote:

Skybuck mentioned not wanting a router in the picture, and
I assumed he's serially connecting his stuff in the horrible
ICS chain structure. Why else would you want two NICs on a
client PC ? Teaming and failover is a less likely reason.

Oh, ok. I read it differently, probably incorrectly. I read it as
wanting Internet access on the new PC along with network access to the
other PC, but no Internet access required on the other PC (so no ICS). I
rather figured that ICS had died off in the late 90's. Over the years,
I've found that some people don't realize they can do everything with a
single NIC that they can do with multiple NICs.

ICS is *still* available in Windows 10 :-)

Oh yes, I know it's still available, but I haven't really heard of
anyone seriously using it since the Win 95/98 days. As a joke, I once
used ICS for a very short period to let a VM get Internet access, but
obviously there are better ways to do that.

But I couldn't get a Bluetooth Piconet, to be
offered as a "candidate" in the drop-down menu
where you set that up.

I tried to get that running, as a kind of bar bet.
(Take the two nano BT transceivers I bought,
and get some use out of them.)

I followed your posts about that. You showed more interest and
determination than I would have been able to muster. :-)