Old March 29th 07, 09:11 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Mike - EMAIL IGNORED

Default HP 1200 25 pin to Netgear PS101

On Thu, 29 Mar 2007 19:27:04 +0000, William R. Walsh wrote:

Hi!

The HP has a 25 pin
male connector, and the Netgear has a 36 pin
Centronics connector -- quite different.

Hmmm...the HP printer sounds as though it is a serial printer?

If it is a serial printer, then it is electrically incompatible to the
Centronics connector on the Netgear device. An adapter would have to be
capable of reconciling the differences between the serial and parallel
methods of communication. This can be done, but it may not be cheap.

William

Google -

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport...ectID=bpl10509

tells me that it is "parallel IEEE level 2".
Do you think that this will work if I get the adapter?

Thanks,
Mike.