Old December 11th 07, 03:25 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware
Grinder

Default AGP 8x vs PCIe

Paul wrote:
Is your video card purchase for gaming or not ? At $50, you'll
get something which is good for 2D desktop work, maybe even
Vista Aero, but will be lacking for any strenuous game usage.

I don't really do much gaming, wouldn't mind leaving the door open for
some slightly moldy games as they pass through the bargain bin. With my
existing AGP 8x card, I can run Half-life 2 and Doom 3 at decent frame
rates and resolutions, so I'd be looking for at least that.

It sounds as if I would be better off going for an AGP 8x card, as they
are pretty cheap, and with all else being equal, will outperform and
PCI-E card in my machine.

Thanks, Paul, for the input.