Old September 13th 18, 03:16 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Paul[_28_]

Default "Why I Will Never Buy a Hard Drive Again"

Lynn McGuire wrote:
On 9/1/2018 8:36 PM, Ed Light wrote:
On 8/15/2018 12:04 PM, Lynn McGuire wrote:

However, my office pc will not address the 8 TB internal drive. It
will address the 4 TB internal drive though. So, my conclusion is
that my 5 year old Gigabyte Z68XP motherboard cannot address the 8 TB
drive.

Maybe a bios update. Also, for some brands, tech support is helpful.
For one board, Gigabyte spun me a new bios. But for another they said
get a more expensive board, even though included bios settings didn't
work.

I updated to the last BIOS released. The mb is old, six years now.

Lynn

Is this a 4Kn drive ?

Get the model number off the drive label.

Paul