Old June 18th 07, 01:18 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd
Dave Ryman

Default AMD 3200+ XP running hot?

"SpamBox" wrote in newswpdi.1079$3j1.789@newsfe6-
gui.ntli.net:

"Paul" wrote in message news:f502ri$b9v$1

@aioe.org...
Codeman1 wrote:
I wanted to try and overclock my pc... but i got this program called
motherboard monitor 5 and it says my cpu is running at 73 degrees
celsisus!! that seems very high to me, and its running like that with

2
fans, one at 4500 rpm and one at 2500 rpm, its always been running

like
this i guess, since it hasnt changed much for 2 weeks, i don't get

any
lockups or freezing like alot of overheating cpus do...any
suggestions???

I would be tempted to change temp monitor programs. Or
verify the setting that MBM5 is currently using.

If you cannot find the livewiredev.com site anymore, there is an
archived copy of it here. Chances are, someone may be hosting
what remains of the site, but for my purposes, this page is
good enough for now.

http://web.archive.org/web/200605191...vewiredev.com/

Paul

Or try SpeedFan http://www.almico.com/sfdownload.php

We have AMD Athlon 3000+ running at 61 deg C, which I thought was damned
hot. We would fit a better cooling fan to the CPU, but it's difficult to
see how it would fit with the current layout in the case. 61 freaks me
out - 73 would really freak me out!

--
Regards,
Dave