Old November 20th 17, 09:39 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Larc[_3_]

Default New Quad9 DNS service blocks malicious domains for everyoneq

On Mon, 20 Nov 2017 12:54:52 -0800, "David E. Ross" wrote:

| I use Domain Name Speed Benchmark from
| https://www.grc.com/dns/benchmark.htm. It has built-in lists of DNSes
| and popular URIs. Launched, it tests each DNS in its list against the
| entire list of URIs. For each DNS, it then produces a report showing
| the averages speeds of resolveing URIs into IP addresses and the success
| rate (a percentage) of resolving. It also highlights those DNSes that
| redirect you to alternative sites (including domain registries) for
| unresolved URIs. I use this occasionally to update which DNSes I want
| my system to use.

There are several of those. The problem with that kind of benchmarking is that you
get a picture of what the situation is at the time you run the check. Things may be
different in an hour or even less. Running one and then another immediately after
will often produce somewhat different results.

Larc