Old March 17th 08, 09:57 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Shawk

Default ATI videocard for Vista

Inglo wrote:
On 3/7/08 5:37 AM Strutter1982 brightened our day with:
"p jayant" wrote in message

I have been a user of ATI videocards for graphics and video capture
for a long time. But that was under the operating system XP. Now that
Vista has been released, I am wondering if ATI has released any
videocard compatible (for DirectX 10) and tested by Microsoft for the
new operating system. Has ATI released the drivers for capture and a
Multi-media Center along with the driver for the new videocard?

P. Jayant

Yes, they make various DX10 cards, try google or the AMD/ATI website,
you will find thousand's of pages of information....

The original post kinda make my head asplode. How does someone
logically decide that it's necessary to go to a Usenet newsgroup in
order to find out if one of the top two display adapter/gpu companies
(ATI now owned by AMD) produces hardware compatible with an operating
system from Microsoft that's been out for over a year? I typed in
ati.com into my browser and two clicks later I see "Experience the power
of HD Gaming with DirectX® 10.1." under the description of one of the
cards they sell. Another couple of clicks and you've got all the info
you could want.
I'm having trouble sleeping and might be just being a bit snarky but the
original post should have been prefaced with, "I'm ignorant, just
crawled out from under a rock and I'm incapable of using the world wide
web, let alone google."

Yup. Snarky. I know this because your description matches half of
usenet...