Old February 13th 07, 08:43 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
rwap

Default Recommended Printers for MAC OS X 9.1

On Feb 8, 7:06 pm, "Bob Headrick" wrote:
"rwap" wrote in message

ups.com...

Can anyone recommend some low cost printers which will work with the
MAC OS X 9.1 - we are looking for a colour inkjet - preferably a HP -
don't mind finding a second hand printer, so long as we know which
ones are compatible.

For used pritners the following have downloadable drivers for MAC 9.x:

DeskJet 3400 series
DeskJet 3740 series
DeskJet 5550
DeskJet 5650
DeskJet 5740
DeskJet 6127
DeskJet 6540
DeskJet 6840

Of the list the DeskJet 6540 and 6840 are the better printers: faster,
larger cartridges and support for automatic two-sided printing. The 6127 is
also a sturdy printer but is older.

Maybe the current DeskJet 6940 withhttp://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/genericSoftwareDownloadIndex?cc=us...
driver. You might ask in the HP forums athttp://forums1.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/categoryhome.do?categoryId=220
and/orhttp://forums1.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/bizsupport/categoryhome.do?...
about what works in current printers.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/g...ame=bpm35009&c...
has a list of support for the HP Business Inkjet models, which are higher
end printers.

Regards,
Bob Headrick, MS MVP Printing/Imaging

Thanks for all the offers - we have found a HP Deskjet 895 CXi which
appears to be compatible. Not the best HP but at least we can find a
couple in good working condition.

I prefer Epson personally, but then HP can at least work with
compatible inks - Epsons tend to have a habit of clogging the print
heads if you're not careful with inks

Rich
www.internetbusinessangels.com