Old February 8th 07, 07:06 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Bob Headrick

Default Recommended Printers for MAC OS X 9.1

"rwap" wrote in message
ups.com...
Can anyone recommend some low cost printers which will work with the
MAC OS X 9.1 - we are looking for a colour inkjet - preferably a HP -
don't mind finding a second hand printer, so long as we know which
ones are compatible.

For used pritners the following have downloadable drivers for MAC 9.x:

DeskJet 3400 series
DeskJet 3740 series
DeskJet 5550
DeskJet 5650
DeskJet 5740
DeskJet 6127
DeskJet 6540
DeskJet 6840

Of the list the DeskJet 6540 and 6840 are the better printers: faster,
larger cartridges and support for automatic two-sided printing. The 6127 is
also a sturdy printer but is older.

Maybe the current DeskJet 6940 with
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/g...reg_R1002_USEN
driver. You might ask in the HP forums at
http://forums1.itrc.hp.com/service/f...categoryId=220
and/or
http://forums1.itrc.hp.com/service/f...categoryId=415
about what works in current printers.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/g...reg_R1002_USEN
has a list of support for the HP Business Inkjet models, which are higher
end printers.

Regards,
Bob Headrick, MS MVP Printing/Imaging