Old September 13th 05, 08:02 AM
zakezuke

So who cares about the warranty? You will save enough on cartridges to pay
for a new printer (one you can actually find cartridges for)

Do you? Don't get me wrong, it's possible you may but simply the last
time I looked the price was the same for cartridges from Dell as Office
Depot. It may be possible the Lexmark varity had more ink or some
other difference that wasn't documented.

The offending tab, is it on the printer or the cartridge?

I would imagine it would be in the printhead carrier. As in the ones I
saw the dell varity had a sort of resessed area, where the printer it
self had a buldge poking out.

I don't know about the subject because simply put... switching to
another printer all together is more cost effective than buying one
refill for the printer whether from dell or office depot. the OEM
lexmark ink for the free dell printer was over 10,000/gal, where other
printers float at Between $3,000 to $5,000/gal.