Old August 26th 03, 05:22 AM
Euc1id

There's apparently no public documentation available for this computer. You
kind find a few parts listed in the HP Parts finder, but nothing else.
They'll apparently provide info if asked. I needed the system specifications
which they sent me by email. I decided to plug in more RAM and see if that
helps performance. Otherwise it's pretty slow. I could only find one place
that advertises RAM for this model: 4allmemory.com. Incidentally, according
to Compaq tech support, the S4020WM and S4020WM-B are the same model. Just
talking to myself, I guess...
Euc1id

"Euc1id" wrote in message
ink.net...
Anybody else got one? I'd like to exchange experiences if you do. See if

we
have the same problems, etc.

The Presario S4020WM-B just went on sale at Walmart a few days ago fro

$498.
I jumped on it. There are some problems but it may be a keeper

nevertheless.
The AMD Athlon XP 2400+ processor running at 2.0GHz is a big plus for one

of
my applications. It only has 128MB RAM so that needs upgrading ASAP.
Euc1id