Old February 20th 09, 04:22 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.cdr
Spamless

Default How to make an MP3 cd in Linux?

On 2009-02-20, smh wrote:
. --------------------------------------
Mike Richter, were you born with
"Scam Artist" emblazoned on your face?
--------------------------------------

asdasdas wrote:

I should mention I am trying to play the MP3-CD's in an RCA (
http://www.rcaaudiovideo.com ) boombox, model#: RCD159A.

For some reason my Bible cd will play just fine, but it has a
playlist.m3u in the root directory of the cd and all the MP3's are in
sub-directories. Does this have anything to do with it? I tried
burning an MP3-CD with just a bunch of songs in a "MP3" subdirectory,
but no playlist.m3u. Hmm...

Many players do not search subdirectory. The playlist .m3u is just a
text file lising the .mp3 files. Make an .m3u in a text editor, not word
processor, using the Bible cd's .m3u as a guide.

One other thing ... watch the format. I like old time radio shows and
many are available as MP3s, mono, low bitrate, low sampling rate
(heck, they were recorded from old mono AM radios). Some players may
not like much variation in format (I usually convert such OTR to
stereo, 44.1KHz sampling, 128KBps). I often play them in my TV's
DVD player (many of those support MP3 data disks). One would choke
on some OTR (mono, low bitrate, low sampling rate) and the other wouldn't.