Old April 25th 05, 09:51 PM
Folkert Rienstra

wrote in message
U comp.periphs.scsi Folkert Rienstra prica:
39320 is not a RAID controller...

Yes, it is. Just not an all purpose one.

? Hmmm? 39320 is, accoring to Adaptec's support page

And why look at the support page?

plain SCSI HBA... RAID?
Sorry, I couldn't find any RAID funcion in it... Any links?

Odd.
'HostRAID' gives me several references including
"Adaptec SCSI Card 39320(D)-R" product specification pages.
AFAICT the HostRAID support is in the SCSI chip itself so I can't
see how there would be a version of 39320 without that capability.

You could possibly use software RAID0 solution,

That is what all RAID is, software.
The only difference is where this software runs on/runs in,
whether that's a dedicated processor, bios+driver or driver only.

OK, I get your point...

but I don't recommend it...

Who cares what you recommend.

Well, yes, who cares?

Second... What kind of speed you need? Fast read, write, seek?

Do you always have to ask questions that the post already answers?

I intend to get as much info as possible...

All answers were already in that post.