Old April 25th 05, 04:15 AM

U comp.periphs.scsi .::SuperBLUE::. prica:

This workstation is used for various 35mm film and hdtv video production
effects.

Now we're talking...

I believe you'll need some kind of redundancy (don't forget backups too)...
RAID10 would be my option here... Speed of RAID0 + redundancy of RAID1...
I'd go with hardware based RAID controller... Check ICP Vortex and LSI
Logic... Don't know about Adaptec's, some models aren't very good
performers...

http://www.icp-vortex.com/english/product/prodrdy_e.htm

http://www.lsilogic.com/products/megaraid/index.html

BTW, there could be some problems with software RAID (hence, hardware RAID
too!)... Like some strange drops in read/write speed if stripe size is not
set properly... Don't ask me how to set it properly, try every stripe size,
and see how it performs (using HDTach or some other benchmark utility)...
Just to let you know about that...

--
"Divovskis li crncugau komponiru ?" upita koka guzi biljkau vjesu.
"Ne znam ja nista !" rece medoo zigoshe "Ja samo rasisto podmazuje trijezanm !" By runf

Damir Lukic,
a member of hr.comp.hardver FAQ-team