Old January 27th 20, 06:59 AM posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
[email protected]

Default SeaTools Bootable USB *NOT IMPRESSED*

I have used the Seatools for DOS burnt to a CD for yonks.
But sometimes it floundered with new hardware, either not seeing any
disk drives, or keyboard not working.

So got the new SeaTools bootable creator and put it on a USB thumb drive.
It booted up on a system where the old CD was no good, and I was able to
run the long test. So far so good.
But when I click on serial number to get the drive info, it says
Power-on Hours: 0
This was for a used WD disk, but the old Seatools for DOS would read those
properly.