Old July 28th 04, 02:45 PM
barbibiz

Default windows installprob

Anyone really good with Windows XP professional?
I am not, having only been using it for a few weeks.
However my laptop(compaq) normally opens to the desktop.
The other day, being stupid ( I am being that alot lately) I was fiddling
with something in Windows and the next time I turned on the laptop it went
to the window where you have multiple users (with their names are and
passwords?) I dont have any other user so normally I do not see this window
e x c e p t for now ...
well it opens to this window and there is noone ( no nmaes, no administrator
or anything!) and I cant go anyfurther other than to turn off.
Now by chance I have a new copy of windows XP professional and I try to give
it a "clean install" the CD wont even work.
Any ideas,? any help? what can I do? Normally not this stupid and I have
used Windows for 10 years (w3.11.w95 w98)
The remedy would be great, ?
thanks in advance
felicity