Old March 8th 11, 06:31 AM
shafi2 shafi2 is offline
Junior Member

Default Xp 2800+ now running at 10.5 x 200 fsb is it better???

I have a Xp 2800 (non barton) which should run at 2.25 Ghz and 333mhz
fsb, if you see my previous post last week i was haveing trouble
running it at this speed. For the last 3 days i have lowered the
multiplier to 10.5 and bumped up the fsb to 200mhz. So in effect my
FSB is now 400 and my processor running at 2.1 ghz. Am i getting
better performance with a higher fsb than i would have if my cpu ran
at 2.25ghz + 333 fsb??? My memory and motherboard are also running at
400mhz. Cooling does not seem to be a problem, my MB temp is about 32
and my cpu about 50.

Any advice would be great.