Old July 7th 03, 06:51 PM
smh

No burn plugin with WMP 6.4.

Some versions of WMP 7+ on some Windows, you remove the plugin by
choosing WMP in Add/Remove. The window that pops up then supposedly
have the options to remove the plugin (via something like modify WMP
install).

For cases without the Add/Remove, there's a unregistering method
"davexnet" posted some time ago. Also, for WMP 9, see "KCK"'s procedure
in the InCD troubleshoot guide:

http://www.cdrlabs.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=9572 (XP)
http://www.cdrlabs.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=9997 (W2K)
http://www.cdrlabs.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=9597 (98x)

Howard Kaikow wrote:

Even for WMP 6.4, there's no entry in Add/Remove programs.

So what do folkes do to avoid a conflict with Roxio/Ahead software?

Are they forced to use WMP 6.4?

Does WMP 7 and later have the ability to install the plug-in?

I don't even see how to identify a plug-in with WMP 6.4.

"smh" wrote...
WMP included the burn plugin, starting from ver 7.0. When WMP 7.0 was
released, the burn plugin promptly "killed", believe it or not, Easy
Coaster Creator 4, of all things!

Good idea to uninstall the burn plugin. The problem is in some WMP 7+
versions on some Windows, it can't be removed by Add/Remove.

Howard Kaikow wrote:

What about with InCD?

I found the following in the InCD Help or a readme, I forget which?

"InCD is not compatible with the 'Adaptec CD-Burning Plug-in' which is
installed

as part of Windows Media Player 7.x. Please uninstall the plug-in using
'Add/Remove Programs' from the Control Panel."

"Mike Levy" wrote...

I have WMP 7 with no conflicts with Nero...

"Howard Kaikow" wrote:

I have WMP version 6.4.9.1125 on Win 2000 SP 4.
Version 6.4.7.1121 on Win 98.

I do not even see 6.4 available for Win 2000 at the MSFT download

page
for WMP.

What version of WMP should I be running in Win 98 and in Win 2000?
How do I avoid conflict with Nero, InCD, DirectCD and EasyCD?