Old July 7th 03, 11:59 AM
Howard Kaikow

Actually, I'm trying to straighten out my sister's computer. She has:

1. Win 98 on C with Easy CD and WMP 6.4
2. Win 2000 on F, with Easy CD and WMP 7.1
3. Win 2000 on G, with Nero and InCD and WMP 9

On my own system, I really don't care about WMP, I just do not want a
version that conflicts with the CD writers, so I guess that I'll stick with
6.4.

Is there any entry in Add/Remove programs for WMP 7 and later?
There's none for 6.4.

My sister likely cares about WMP, but still she should not have a version
that will conflict with the CD writers.

--
http://www.standards.com/; Howard Kaikow's web site.
"Graham Mayor" wrote in message
Furthermore, if you upgrade to WMP8/9 - not 7 surely? - then if you are
running Microsoft Autoroute, you have to be on-line in order to listen to
the media clips in the phrasebook. WMP6 allows you to listen off-line.

This
is not an issue if you have broadband.
I'd stick with WMP6 unless you have a pressing need to install a more

recent
version, for some reason you have not explained.

--

Graham Mayor

Graham Mayor wrote:
WMP6 has no burning tools, and lacks the system bloat of Media
Players 7+. I would retain it while you are using Windows 2000.
It has no conflict with your software.
InCD and Direct CD must not be installed together. They will always
conflict. Choose one or the other - with Direct CD being my
preference if compatible with your writer. Nero and EZCD will usually
coexist without problem.

Howard Kaikow wrote:
I have WMP version 6.4.9.1125 on Win 2000 SP 4.
Version 6.4.7.1121 on Win 98.

I do not even see 6.4 available for Win 2000 at the MSFT download
page for WMP.

What version of WMP should I be running in Win 98 and in Win 2000?
How do I avoid conflict with Nero, InCD, DirectCD and EasyCD?