Old November 21st 04, 01:23 AM
mpx

I suppose you simply can't expect reliablility from an inkjet printer
nowadays. They are not build to last. Some time before, when inkjets were
more expansive quality seemed to be higher, now it's all shoddy. From my
experience quality starts with office-class laser printers that have 500
sheet paper tray and 30+ pages per minute speeds. This kind of hardware is
build solidly and works without problems even on high load.

I wouldn't count on HP to provide reliable inkjet. All HP inkjets I dealt
with had some problems with paper handling mechanism - jamming, pulling
multiple sheets or no sheet at all, pulling paper at an angle instead of
straight etc. All these problems had been hardly visible at first, then they
started getting worse with time. On the other hand they were all printing
very well looking text, and their heads rarely clogged even when left for a
few weeks of non-use. I wouldn't recommend HP for graphics printing mainly
because of too high cost of color ikjet cartridges.