Old November 19th 04, 01:46 AM
PC Medic

"Brian" wrote in message
Hello,

My Canon s750 has been giving me trouble. It stopped printing black, but
my black tank is about 1/2 full. I figured it was a clogged head, and
I've tried multiple deep cleaning cycles, soaking in alcohol, and I just
tried a cleaning kit from inkjetsaver.com.

None of those things helped, and while I was running the last cleaning I
began to smell burning from the printer. I pulled out the head and it was
very hot, bit there was no smoke.

Does anyone have any suggestions on reviving it? Did I just burn out the
head on the last cleaning?

Ink passing through the nozzles also helps maintain an acceptable head temp
while in operation. IF you were to do many cleanings in a row with a clogged
head, I suppose it could get hot and smell, but I wonder if something was
not damaged in the alcohol bath.
In either case, I dare say it is history.

Considering the cost of diagnostics and a new head if that is the problem,
my recommendation (if in the U.S. anyway) is call Canon and take advantage
of the Loyalty Program. I picked up my iP4000 for just over $130 shipped
next day to my door. A new printer, better resolution and a new warranty.
That is if you want to stick with Canon any way.