Old September 30th 04, 12:04 AM
Krutibas Biswal

Thanks Wes. I realized that last night while trying to play with
the FSB numbers and reading stuff from the web. The 400FSB is
a marketing hype that refers to FSB speed of 200Mhz DDR.

Thanks,
Krutibas
Wes Newell wrote in message news:pan.2004.09.29.15.42.08.590095@TAKEOUTverizo n.net...
On Wed, 29 Sep 2004 12:47:12 +0000, Dalgibbard wrote:

"Krutibas Biswal" wrote in message
om...
Hi,
I got a Biostar M7NCD motherboard that says it can support 400Mhz FSB.
I bought a new AMD 3200 XP+, 400FSB CPU and 512MB PC3200 Memory to go with
it. I wanted to run it with FSB speed of 400Mhz.

The default BIOS setup is for 200Mhz FSB and the BIOS menu does not let
me change it to anything higher that 200Mhz FSB.

What can I do to get it run at a higher FSB ? I did not see anything
in the motherboard manuals. Please help.

I have that same board- and that same problem! I pretty much gave up-
decided that its just bluffing pmsl- you could try asking Biostar
themselves? www.biostar.co.tw i think- please post back with any information

You don't have a problem. Your board supports a 400FSB (200MHz), not a
400MHz FSB. There aren't any boards that support a 400MHz FSB, and the
3200+ runs on a 200MHz FSB (real clock speed).